The Nikon Coolpix S7000 is the ideal camera for vloggers. It’s especially handy to have around for capturing a still shot in a hurry. There’s an integrated 20X optical zoom with a 40X with Dynamic Fine Zoom.
I first trialed this camera at a photography convention when it first came out, and I was awe-struck by it. At the time, it had everything you could want and need and was so nicely laid out that it could be easily picked up and used by both beginners and professionals alike.
A few months later, me and a team of people were out working on a project together, and one of the photographers had this camera with them. I was so excited to try it out for myself in the field. Even months later, this camera far exceeded my expectations.
The image and video quality were outstanding, it was lightweight and came with a tonne of extra settings such as timelapse that’s a lot of fun to use. All the menus and capture speeds were fast, and it was difficult to find anything wrong with it.
The only drawback I found was that the dial wheel is very sensitive and it kept moving when it was in its bag. However, I wouldn’t call this a deal breaker.
Some of the additional features you’ll can enjoy include:
- Scene Modes – With 18 unique scene modes, including Beach, Snow, Sunset, and Night Portrait, you’ll be able to capture your images and videos in your own individual style.
- HD Videos – Record your videos in full HD 1080-60i, complete with full stereo sound for the highest-quality
- Wi-Fi – There’s even built-in Wi-Fi, as well as Near Field Communication (NFC) technology so you can share photos with a smartphone effortlessly.
Pros and Cons
- Accessories – Included with your purchase, you’ll find an EN-EL19 rechargeable battery, an AC charging adapter, a strap, and a USB cable. That’s everything you need for the best vlogging experience.
- Movies – Enjoy the ability to create excellent videos using some exclusive effects.
- Value – When purchasing this camera, you’ll have the option to buy a brand-new camera or a Certified Refurbished model, enabling you to enjoy these features, regardless of your budget.
- Memory Card – There is no memory card included, so you’ll be limited to the internal memory.
- Blurriness – There have been some reports of blurry images from some users, regardless of what settings were in use.
If you’re looking for a fully-featured vlogging camera that allows you to capture awesome videos, this could be ideal.
The Canon PowerShot prides itself on being easy to use as well as providing you with superior image quality.
You’ll also be able to utilize full HD 1080p video recording with a smooth frame rate of 30p. The MP4 format allows you to share videos and photos with mobile devices with ease.
This is one of my favorite point-and-shoot cameras. So it was a no brainer when deciding to add it to the list of the best vlogging cameras.
For the price, the image and video quality is outstanding, making it ideal for vloggers and the wireless connectivity settings made uploading and sharing images a breeze. In some cases, it does lack features that a professional photography may require but as far as beginner and amateur vlogging goes, this camera will everything you need.
Some of the leading features include:
- Dynamic IS – This innovative feature provides you with essential image stabilization that can occur when your camera shakes while you’re moving.
- Zoom – There’s a 25X optical zoom with Intelligent IS, and a CMOS sensor, giving you the clearest images, no matter distance you’re operating with.
- Sharing – Enjoy the lucrative benefits of integrated Wi-Fi and NFC, allowing you to easily share and transfer images and videos to your wireless devices.
Pros and Cons
- Large Screen – The display screen is plenty large enough to view your pictures, even at wide angles, as well as ensuring the smallest details are crystal-clear.
- Smart AUTO – Let the camera think for you. While concentrating on your vlogging, you may not have the time to learn all the aspects of operating a camera so let the auto take control to get the best shot.
- Compatibility – This camera is compatible with Android smartphone and tablet versions 4.0-5.1.
- Function Wheel – Some customers are asking that the traditional Function Wheel feature should be brought back to make changing the camera settings easier.
- Memory – There’s no internal memory, and the memory card included is small, so you may need to purchase a larger one to hold all your footage.
Even in low light situations, you can fully enjoy taking crystal-clear photos and videos with the Canon PowerShot ELPH 110. This powerful 16.1-megapixel camera boasts a three-inch TFT PureColor system LCD as well as a wide viewing angle so you can see everything in fantastic detail.
Where do I start when it comes to the Canon PowerShot? Exceptional image and video quality, a tonne of features, a widescreen LCD-display that displays your content is a crystal-clear clarity and an outstanding zoom feature you simply won’t see on other cameras for a similar price. This is one of the best vlogging cameras when it comes to user friendliness in my opinion.
I loved the fact that Canon kept the traditional shutter button and the full-HD video recording function is simply excellent. For vloggers, I highly recommend this camera for when you’re out and about in the big wide world or even recording footage in the comfort of your own home or studio.
Some of the key features include:
- Audio – Full stereo sound recording, so you have awesome audio quality for your vlogs.
- Zoom – The 24mm wide-angle lens has a 20X combined zoom with an optical image stabilizer, a 4X digital zoom, and a 5X optical zoom, everything you need for the ultimate recording experience.
- Image Processor – This camera has the superior Canon HS system with a 16.1 MP CMOS sensor with DIGIC 5 Image Processor up to 3200 ISO. That’s more than enough power for everything you need.
Pros and Cons
- Video Quality – This is the ideal beginner camera for a vlogger who’s starting their career thanks to the premium video quality.
- Face ID – You can register up to 12 faces in one angle, and the camera will pick out these faces in any group.
- Slow Motion – Looking for a new angle with your photos? Try recording in ultra-HD slow motion for a new and unique perspective.
- Delay – Some customers report that the delay between taking a continuous stream of photos is too long.
- Refurbished – Some users feel that they just bought a used camera that wasn’t refurbished at all.
The Nikon COOLPIX B500 digital camera is incredibly easy to use, and it feels great while you’re using it. Enjoy recording videos with 1080p full HD video, using the flip-up LCD screen for easy viewing. There’s a low-light sensor, so you can even capture great videos and photos in darker environments.
This affordable point-and-shoot from Nikon is excellent. While working abroad on a blogging project, my usual DLSR camera stopped working completely, and I was forced to go shopping for a new one. While in the shop, this Nikon caught my eye and what was meant to be a temporary purchase ended up becoming a long-term relationship.
Highly portable, lightweight and packed full of features, I simply love this camera. All the content captured on this device comes out clear with a good lighting balance and crisp, vibrant colors making it ideal for vlogging in any niche. The only drawback I found was the position of the video recording button which is right next to the grip. This means you may accidentally press it from time to time, but you get used to it in time.
Some of the leading features include:
- Vibration Reduction – Capture the clearest photos with no camera shake thanks to the Lens-Shift Vibration Reduction.
- Menu Controls – This camera’s menu controls are easy to use, and you can create all kinds of fun effects for your videos and photos.
- Compatibility – While you’re shooting your vlog, you can be connected the entire time via the Bluetooth low energy technology.
Pros and Cons
- Zoom – Even if you can’t be close to your subject, you will get great images with a 40X optical zoom, along with Dynamic Fine Zoom and enhanced digital zoom.
- Display – The LCD-screen has a wide viewing angle, and it tilts, so you can easily compose shots and monitor your videos.
- Video – Enjoy full-HD 1080p video recording at 30 fps.
- Focus – Some users reported that they had issues obtaining a quick focus with their images and videos.
- Compatibility – There are some reports that states they’re unable to sync the camera with their smartphones easily.
There may be times when you need to shoot video from a distance, and, thankfully, that’s what this camera excels in. The Sony DSCH300/B has a 35X optical zoom, with a professional, market-leading Sony lens. Even at distances, you’ll see great detail in videos and photos.
Having only used this camera a couple of times, I would happily go and buy one for myself if I was already overloaded with cameras as it is. Whether you’re taking pictures or videos, this camera provides you with the quality and resolution that you would expect from a leading Sony device.
The zoom capability is excellent and, although not having all the features that a professional photographer or videographer would like, for an aspiring vlogger, this camera is ideal. I did find under certain conditions that the focus can sometimes be quite delayed but this wasn’t an issue all the time. For vloggers, this would be an ideal starting camera.
Some of the essential features include:
- Stabilization – This camera has an Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization feature for clear images even in low light settings.
- Easy Menu – This is a camera that’s incredibly easy to use. You can even activate the easy mode to make shooting videos easier and more enjoyable.
- Picture Effect – Apply this feature to photos and videos to make them really stand out from your competition with cool effects.
Pros and Cons
- Panoramic Views – Enjoy beautiful panoramic shots in wide angle, and up to 360° full circles.
- Beginner Camera – This is a great camera for start-up vloggers. It’s fully automatic, but you’ll also have the ability to adjust the setting manually once you begin learning more about the art of capturing great videos.
- Batteries – Unlike some other cameras, the batteries you need are included with your purchase so you can start shooting and recording immediately.
- Lighting – There are some reports that this is not a good camera for low light situations.
- Reliability – Some users have indicated that this camera shuts down and that it’s not overly reliable.
The ASAKO Action Camera gives you everything you need to get the best start in the vlogging industry. This camera comes packed with features and accessories to get started, including two 900AH batteries, one AC battery charger, a USB cable, a helmet mount, two clips, a bicycle stand, seven mounts, one bandage, five tethers, a lens cloth, and a waterproof case.
When someone asks me which action camera I would recommend, the majority believe I would always opt for the GoPro, but for many people, the brand is far too expensive. In this case, I surprise many people by recommending this camera. For less than 6x the price of a GoPro, the AKASO still provides you with outstanding full-HD video recording and gorgeous 12MP image quality.
For a vlogging getting their career off the ground, what more could you ask for? This device is lightweight, compact and incredibly easy to use, and that’s in addition to all the standard essential action camera features you’d expect such as mounts, waterproof design and more. As you would expect, this model doesn’t record in the legendary 4K resolution, but for the price, you don’t really need it to.
You’ll also get to enjoy features such as:
- Waterproof – You can dive to depths of up to 30 meters with this camera. Shoot while swimming, diving, surfing, and more. Perfect for some unique vlogs your followers will love.
- Wi-Fi – Enjoy using the built-in Wi-Fi, allowing you to send, edit and share your videos in just a few minutes. Download the iSmart DV app on your device to seamlessly connect with your camera.
- Wide Angle – This camera has a 170° ultra-wide angle lens so you can capture more of what’s going on around you.
Pros and Cons
- Video Quality – This camera captures 1080P 30fps/720P video that is sharp and true-to-life.
- LCD Screen – There’s a two-inch LCD screen that provides you with a sharp image so you can see everything that you’re trying to capture in perfect detail and clarity.
- SD Card – You can use a micro SD card with 32 GB, and there’s even an HDI output.
- Freezing – Some users have reported that the camera can freeze up while shooting videos.
- External Mic – This camera is not compatible with external microphones. You have to make do with the built-in mic.
The Campark ACT74 Action Cam lets you record videos in the superior 4K Ultra HD quality. You can also record videos at an incredible 30 fps with a 170° wide angle lens that will let you capture all your surroundings. This camera supports a 64GB Micro SD card, so you have plenty of room to store all your photos.
When I first saw the Campark Action Camera, I was dubious, to say the least. Extremely affordable, something didn’t seem right. However, when a project came up where me and a team were trying to capture cycling event footage, I jumped at the chance to test drive this device.
Let me be clear, this device is incredible. At first, I hadn’t even noticed that the camera provides full 4K video recording as well as housing the ability to capture stills in an outstanding 16MP quality. The footage we received from this device was simply amazing, and with all the extras and accessories you get with the device, it really is possible to mount it anywhere, ideal for capturing the shot that you want to capture.
Sometimes, especially when recording fast scenes or underwater environments, we had to do a couple of retakes because the image quality was slightly blurred but, as far as vlogs are concerned, this little camera will give you everything you need whether you’re recording in your studio or out and about in the world.
Additionally, you’ll also be able to enjoy features such as:
- Wi-FiConnectivity– You have connectivity across a 10-meters range so that you can connect to your mobile devices wirelessly.
- Real Time – Monitor what you capture in real time, allowing you to review your videos on your mobile devices, and everything using the Wi-Fi device as a remote control.
- Waterproof – Take excellent underwater footage while diving, swimming, snorkeling, etc. using the waterproof case that’s included with your purchase.
Pros and Cons
- Ready to Use – You can take this camera out of the box and start using it immediately. That’s everything you need to shoot the perfect vlogs.
- Multiple Uses – You can even use this camera as a helmet camera, a bike camera, a motorcycle camera, etc. This makes this one of the most versatile vlogging cameras on the market!
- Virtual Reality – Essentially, this camera is virtual reality-ready. Turn your footage into virtual reality experiences with the press of the button.
- Flash – This camera doesn’t have an integrated flash, so it’s not ideal for capturing photos at night or low-light environments.
- Audio – Some users report that the sound quality isn’t the best.
The SEREE HDV-515 camera-camcorder shoots in 1080p full-HD video. You can easily switch between taking videos and photos so that you can insert still shots easily into your vlogs. This camera is easy to use, as well as being lightweight and extremely portable.
It seems very strange these days to be using a camcorder of this design. It seems very traditional but has a very outdated feel to it, at first anyway. When you really start to get hands-on with this camera, that’s when things get really interesting.
This model comes with everything, all the parts, and accessories, you need to get started, and the ease of use is phenomenal. It’s durable, it’s lightweight, it’s compact, the quality of the image, video, and audio is outstanding, and the camcorder itself fits perfectly into your hand. Allowing for some really creative shooting.
There’s even an external microphone socket so you can plug in your dedicated microphone for an enhanced quality experience. Whether you’re recording in a setup environment or exploring the world around you, I cannot recommend this camera highly enough to start-up vloggers.
Some of the features include:
- Zoom – This camera has a 16X digital zoom, so you can get in close on subjects in outstanding detail, even if you’re shooting from a distance.
- Tripod – There’s a standard tripod connection, making it easy to mount your camera on any tripod so you can use it effortlessly while vlogging.
- Battery – Charging is much faster thanks to the rechargeable battery (external battery). In fact, you’ll get 60-90 minutes of shooting time before needing to recharge.
Pros and Cons
- Starter Camera – This is a great starter camera for anyone who is just getting into vlogging. Download your videos and images effortlessly to your computer for editing.
- Warranty – SEREE offers a one-year warranty, and all customer service takes place within 24 hours on a standard working day.
- Memory Cards – This camera has two slots for standard and Micro SD cards, and a total of 32GB is fully supported.
- Compatibility – Some users report that even though the descriptions claims this camera is Mac compatible, they were not able to use it with their Mac devices.
- Picture Quality – Some users have reported that they’re unhappy with the still image
There’s a 30X optical zoom as well as 60X Clear Image Digital Zoom Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization software for great captures every single time.
Wow.. Where do you start when it comes to this Sony model. The leading technology company has really outdone themselves with this release. I was left breathless with the incredibly clear 60x optical zoom. While on a weekend away, I borrowed this camera from a friend and one of the days, I really tried to push this camera to its limits.
However, no matter what I was trying to capture, no matter how far away, the quality of the content this camera provided was staggering! With the integrated SteadyShot technology, not one of my photos or videos came out blurred, and the Exmos Sensor made my images look fantastic, even when using the auto settings in low-light conditions.
As a vlogger, I highly advise putting this camera at the top of your considerations list. When it comes to video recording, this camera provides you with full-HD resolution with all the added features I’ve just mentioned that make your shots look amazing.
Some of the key features you’ll get to enjoy include:
- Video – Full-HD 1080/60p with dual record of movies and stills. There’s even a dedicated EV control dial that allows you to get creative till your heart’s content.
- Hot Shoe – There’s a multi-interface shoe where you can attach a flash, light, and microphone for your videos. This provides you with the ability to use all your equipment seamlessly.
- No Blur – The Optical SteadyShot stabilization feature helps to reduce camera shake, so you capture clear images with minimal blurring.
Pros and Cons
- Stills and Movies – You can capture stills at the same time you’re recording videos, a unique and essential feature that has infinite possibilities. You’ll also be able to take fast motion video with less distortion.
- Battery Life – The integrated long-lasting battery lets you take as many as 400 photos before you need to recharge it.
- LCD – This camera prides itself on its three-inch LCD screen with 921K dots for high-resolution
- Bulky – Some users report that they find this camera too thick at 38mm, making it difficult to use in some situations.
- Charger – There’s no external charger supplied.
The Lightdow LD4000 sports action camera comes with a plethora of accessories that allows you to shoot from just about anywhere. It comes with the innovative NOVATEK original chip – NT96650 Solution for enhanced quality and increased vision.
The reason it has made it on to the list of the best vlogging cameras is because this vibrant little action camera will instantly catch your eye thanks to its engaging trademark yellow design.
For action vloggers who are looking for a small, lightweight yet highly functional and feature-packed camera, this could be perfect for you.
I’ve used this camera several times for various activities. These include kayaking, surfing and we once even strapped it to the motorbike wheel arch, and it’s performing flawlessly every time. This is definitely a much more affordable and competitive alternative to a brand like GoPro, and it’s ideal for vloggers at home, in the studio or out in the field.
The only real drawback I did find when using this camera was the slight distortion in the image quality when using the zoom feature. This was a consistent issue, no matter what environment I was working in but, if you don’t plan on using it, you’ll be all good to go!
Some of the leading features of this cameras include:
- HD Video – Shoot up to 100p/30 and 720p/30 with a 170° wide angle lens that will capture everything in outstanding
- Waterproof – This camera is specially designed for extreme weather conditions. It’s wearable so you can shoot while enjoying your favorite water sports.
- Warranty – You can also feel safe in the knowledge thanks to the Lightdow one-year, hassle-free warranty that offers free returns and replacements for quality-related issues.
Pros and Cons
- Accessories – Within your purchase, you’ll find all the mounts you’ll need for a car, helmet, bicycle, for the best and most versatile vlogging recording experience.
- Memory – There’s no internal memory, but 32GB Micro SD cards are supported.
- Value – For around $40, you’ll be getting a camera that has everything you need to start vlogging right away.
- Audio – There’s no external audio jack, so you have no way to connect an external microphone.
- Battery Life – Some users report that the battery drains too quickly and they don’t get as much life as they originally intended.
After reading through this list of the best vlogging cameras and all of the different options, you will have a pretty good idea on what type you are going to go for. To be honest, any of these options will suit your needs perfectly when you are first starting out.
As you’ll find out, the best way to improve your skills is through experience as well as trial and error.
By using these cameras, you can start off small and work your way up. As your experience builds, you can start to move on to the more professional and advanced cameras once you have discovered your personal vlogging niche and shooting style.
For more of an idea on what else you need to start a YouTube channel on top of the best vlogging cameras, take a look at this article HERE for all the vlogging equipment you need.