As an aspiring YouTube vlogger, it’s essential that you have a reliable and supportive tripod by your side that’s going to keep your camera steady.
The right tripod is going to provide you with a much more professional edge when it comes to creating your videos. This is because there isn’t going to be any of that annoying camera shake that happens when you’re recording with a hand-held camera.
Today, we’re going to discover and explore the ins and outs of some of our favorite best Camera tripods that are ideal for aspirant vloggers.
- 1 Sabrent Flexible Tripod (Including GoPro Adapter)
- 2 JOBY GorillaPod SLR Zoom. Flexible Tripod with Ballhead Bundle
- 3 Fugetek Mini Tripod With Phone Mount
- 4 AmazonBasics 50-Inch Lightweight Tripod with Bag
What To Look For
Unfortunately, you can’t just run out and buy any old tripod. A lot of first-time vloggers make this mistake, and end up regretting their purchases when it doesn’t fulfill their requirements.
Just like every other piece of gear you need for vlogging, you’ll need to conduct some research to figure out which type of tripod is going to best suit your needs. Here are a few things to consider when choosing a tripod.
Budget – You don’t have to go out and get the best and most expensive tripod on the market in order to produce high-quality vlogs. In fact, the tripods we’re looking at today are all budget-friendly, and ideal for vloggers of any level, from beginner to professional.
Weight –If you’re vlogging while you’re out and about, the last thing you’ll want is to find yourself lugging around a big, heavy tripod. Instead, look for a tripod that’s lightweight yet sturdy. Some will even come with carrying cases that make them easier to transport.
Height – Next, you need to consider the height of the tripod. Try to find a tripod that’ll extend to the heights you’re going to need for your videos. Always remember that there’ll be times when you’re standing or sitting, and other times you’ll need to place the tripod on the ground.
Head – There are two types of tripod heads. Both types are excellent for a beginner. You can choose from a ball head or a pan/tilt head. You’ll get smooth movements with the ball head, but it can take a bit of practice to master. The pan and tilt head is far easier for beginners to pick up
Usability –It’s a good idea to look at tripods that are versatile, and can complete more than one task. For instance, your chosen tripod should be small enough for table use, yet it should have the ability to extend for ground work if you need it to.
Level – Many tripods have an integrated spirit level, so you are secure in the knowledge that your camera is perfectly level at all times. This is the same type of level that you would use in construction but built right into the tripod itself.
So let’s get into it.. Here are 5 best Camera tripods that I recommend for anyone with a vlogging channel.
So without further ado:
The Manfrotto MTPIXI-B PIXI is a mini tripod that’s both versatile and lightweight, making it ideal for a vlogger on the go. This versatile tripod is as flexible as it is compact, and it’s perfect if you plan on recording sporting events, concerts, and more.
It’s also an excellent choice if you’re shooting action videos because it’s easy to move around. Some of the leading features include:
- Smartphone Compatibility – This tripod effortlessly connects to your smartphone so that you can use it for every day photography and videos. It can also be used with a variety of cameras, including GoPro cameras, thanks to the universal attachment. This makes it extremely versatile.
- Self-Standing Bracket – You can also enjoy being able to get really creative by having camera support anywhere thanks to the universal double attachment. This tripod is a very stable base for your camera, and it has a self-standing bracket on the back.
- Push-Button Mechanism – This mechanism allows you to get the ball head into position and locked in just one simple movement. Once you’re ready to change position, simply push the button again to release the ball joint, so the head moves freely. Release the button to lock the head into place.
Pros and Cons
- DSLR-Compatible – The universal ¼” screw thread lets you use this tripod with most DSLR cameras. It’s capable of supporting a total camera body weighing 1.4lbs with a focal length maximum of 85mm. In all, it can support a total weight of 2.2lbs.
- Construction – This tripod boasts an Italian style and is made from highly durable stainless-steel materials. Its construction is solid, so you have a good base for your camera, no matter where you’re shooting. There’s also a minimal risk of slipping thanks to the rubber feet.
- Tippiness – Some users have reported that cameras can end up tipping if they use a selfie stick alongside this tripod. If you’re using a stick, try to keep it extended as little as possible. You can also try placing the tripod on a higher surface.
If you plan on recording while out and about, it’s essential that you have a tripod that’s going to move with you. The Sabrent flexible tripod offers a standard tripod mount, but unlike other tripods, it comes with a GoPro mount adapter, so you don’t have to go out and buy one. This tripod also houses a rubberized ring and foot grips for added stability. Some of the leading features that you’ll benefit from include:
- Bendable Legs – With this tripod, you’ll have the ability to bend the legs. This means you can secure and position your tripod effortlessly, no matter what type of surface you’re recording on. Additionally, the legs will twist and bend into any position you need them to.
- GoPro Adapter – The removable GoPro tripod mount adapter lets you record while you’re on the move, and it’s stable enough for just about any type of shooting, even if you’re working on uneven surfaces.
- Design – This may look like an unusual design at first, but once you start using it, you’ll be thrilled with the versatility of the design. The only downfall is the legs are white, so they may get dirty easily, depending on where you’re shooting.
Pros and Cons
- Value – If you’re looking for a quality tripod that costs less than $100, this tripod is ideal. It’s strong, durable, and it’s perfect for all kinds of videos, making this the perfect choice for everyone from novices to professionals.
- Mounting – One of the things we like the most about this tripod is that you can mount it on virtually any surface. Those innovative bendable legs will let you get the shots that you can’t even think about achieving with other tripods.
- Sturdiness – Some users have reported that this tripod isn’t effectively sturdy on some of the more irregular There are also statements that exclaim if you pull in the legs, even slightly, they can come out of their sockets.
The JOBY GorillaPod SLR Zoom Flexible Tripod features a ball head so you can pan and tilt in any direction with 360° panning. It can also support professional cameras weighing up to 6.6lbs, and the rubberized feet will keep it secure on the majority of surfaces.
This tripod guarantees to open up a whole new world of opportunities to you when it comes to the variety of shots you can achieve. Some of the best aspects of this tripod include:
- Leg Joints – This tripod has more than two dozen leg joints and market-leading German TPE joints. This means your shots will never be shaky again simply because your camera will be fully stable at all times. It’s easy to set up and extremely portable.
- Mountings – Your camera will be held tightly by the ¼” – 20 standard tripod mounts, as well as a 3/8” adapter. The tripod is made from Japanese, medical-grade ABS plastic, stainless steel, and German TPE, so you can be safe in the knowledge that it’s built to last.
- Portability – This tripod is small enough that it will fit right into your camera bag. There’s also minimal risk of it weighing you down. However, don’t let its size fool you. This is a sturdy little tripod that is going to be around for many years to come.
Pros and Cons
- Compatibility – This tripod is designed to work with all types of cameras, including DSLR, SLR, mirrorless cameras, camcorders, external flashes, and zoom lenses. It can be set up quickly, and you can switch from landscape to portrait orientations effortlessly.
- Value – This is an inexpensive tripod that is going to hold up to a lot of wear and tear. If you’re looking for a tripod that’s going to give you plenty of value for the money, this is a worthwhile option to consider.
- Quality – There are a few reports are stating that the socket mays develop cracks after a short This causes the tripod to have little to no support for even small cameras.
Use the Fugetek Table Top mini tripod with the Fugetek selfie sticks, and you’ll be able to enjoy some pretty impressive selfie photos and video recordings.
This state-of-the-art tripod even comes with a free spring phone mount, so you can connect your smartphone to start shooting immediately. This connection is compatible with the majority of smartphones, GoPro cameras, DSLR’s, and digital cameras. Some of the most beneficial features include:
- Materials – This tripod is made out of materials that are flexible, but extremely durable simultaneously. No matter what type of shooting situation or environments you’re in, including inclement weather conditions, you know this tripod will be reliable and up to the task.
- GoPro Adapter – You’ll get a free GoPro camera adapter included with your purchase that you can easily thread onto the tripod to attach your GoPro any time. This allows you to enjoy outstanding stability with no chance of the camera shaking, minimising the risk of blurred shots.
- Portability – This tripod is extremely lightweight and portable. Because of its diminutive size, you can store it just about anywhere. The compact design also means this tripod is incredibly quick and easy to set up. You can take this tripod anywhere, and it will even fit into your backpack or purse.
Pros and Cons
- Cell Phone Clip – Along with the GoPro adapter, this tripod comes with a free cell phone clip. You can use it with most cell phones, and it will fit onto the newer iPhone 7+. We just love the versatility that’s on offer with this tripod.
- Affordability – This is an inexpensive tripod that will become a main part of your essential video gear. If you plan on recording a large amount of vlogging content, this is definitely a tripod that you’re going to get a lot of use out of.
- None – There are a tonne of customer reviews on this tripod, and we are unable to find any features that people are unhappy with!
The AmazonBasics 50-inch tripod is both lightweight and portable. It’s made from lightweight aluminum materials, and it only weighs a little over a pound, making incredibly easy for you to carry it with you wherever you plan on vlogging.
This tripod is highly adjustable, and it comes with its own unique and durable storage bag for even easier portability. You’ll be able to benefit from a range of features including:
- A Three-Way Head – You can easily tilt and swivel your camera in any direction, allowing you to achieve just about any type of shot you require. There are both portrait and landscape options available, and the quick-release plate lets you transition between shots quickly.
- Lever-Lock Legs – It doesn’t matter if you aren’t standing on a flat surface. The three-section, lever-lock legs will let you set up your shot on any terrain, even if it’s uneven. The tripod can reach a full, superior height of 50 inches.
- Gearless Center Post – There is an extendable, gearless center post that lets you move and adjust the height of the tripod quickly and easily. The rubber feet also ensure on any surface.
Pros and Cons
- Storage – Not only is this tripod lightweight, but it’s also incredibly space-efficient. It collapses at the point where the handle rotates down, and the legs contract. Everything folds up nicely, creating a perfectly compact package which you can effortlessly store in the handy travel bag.
- Portability – Because this tripod is so lightweight, it’s easy to take with you when you’re shooting on the go. Even if you’re on vacation, it will fit nicely into your suitcase, or you could even attach it to your best camera tripod bag without it getting in the way.
- Tilting and Panning – Some customers have reported that they experience some difficulties while panning. There are also reports the tilt function is too loose and can’t be tightened as required.
Top 5 Best Camera Tripods Conclusion
Your tripod may be one of the least expensive pieces of gear you’ll need for vlogging, but it’s just as important as your camera.
However, as important as it is, it doesn’t have to be an expensive investment, and the best Camera tripods we have discussed today prove just that. Take your time, list up your tripod requirements and you’ll find it so easy to find the perfect accessory for boosting your vlogging career to the next level when it comes to quality.