Many people think that YouTube vloggers simply shoot videos and put them straight on their YouTube channels for viewing. While this may be the case with those vloggers who aren’t used best editing software for youtube volgs, a vlogger worth their weight in gold will tell you that you really need to get in there and conduct some professional editing before airing your videos to the web.
This editing process is your chance to get rid of any little mistakes, aspects of your videos that you don’t like, certain bits that may not seem professional. All in all, you’ll be able to edit your videos to perfection, allowing you to create some truly outstanding videos.
- 1 Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum
- 2 Movavi Video Suite 16 Video Editing Software
- 3 NCH Video Suite
- 4 Adobe Premiere Elements 15
- 5 Corel VideoStudio Pro X10
What to Look for in Video Editing Software
Before you go out and invest in a video editing software package, you need to consider what you’re going to be using it for. If you’re just getting started in the world of vlogging, it may be best to go with something that’s simple and easy to learn. This will be the best foundation for you to hone your skills.
From there, you can move on to bigger, better and more complex platforms. However, first, you’ll want to master the basics. To get you started, here are the main things you need to consider before buying any video editing software.
- User Interface – This is an essential feature, and although it will depend on your personal preference, it’s something you need to think about. Any interface is going to be confusing to a beginner, but the best way to learn is through experience. The more time you invest in using the software, the more comfortable you’ll be with it.
- Input Formats – This is important. Look for software that’s compatible with a variety of video file formats, especially the formats you use the most. You’ll need to be aware of the video file formats that you plan to use, which depends on your recording gear and source files. Once you pick your format, ensure that your software is compatible.
- Editing Tracks – You’re going to need to be able to work with several editing tracks, so make sure that your chosen software can handle it. You’ll need a main video track, one to track your video overlays, a track for still images, a track for titles, a track for subtitles, a music track, and a voiceover track.
- Transitions – You need to implement transitions between your shots. This makes a video much more enjoyable to watch because it doesn’t look like a confusing mess. But, you don’t need a lot of fancy transitions. Look for software that offers no transitions, cross-fades or dissolves, and fade to black.
- Audio Control – Most editing software packages don’t seem to have the best audio control, and professional editors will use dedicated software. However, they are getting better. Be sure to look for software that offers the market-leading Dolby 5:1 capability. Other than that, most software packages seem to be pretty much equal when it comes to audio control.
The Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum editing package is easy to use, and powerful enough to let you edit and create professional quality videos.
It offers native 4K XAVC S file format support, and you can upload videos directly to Facebook. This software is touch-enabled for touch PC’s, and there are even ‘help bubbles’ that guide you through the various essential processes. Some of the key features include:
- Two Edit Modes – This software offers two intuitive edit modes, Simple and Advanced. You can use the modes to create awesome videos in 4K (ultra HD), as well as having the ability to create 3D videos using the stereoscopic 3D editing tools.
- Use Music – Bask in the ability to create your own movie soundtracks by importing songs or recording audio right into the program. This guarantees to really bring your YouTube videos to life. This will help these videos to have a much more professional edge.
- Create Titles – You can utilize this software to animate text and titles in your videos using the dedicated tool. Or, you can get creative and customize your titles to make your videos truly unique and recognizable in line with your personal vlogging brand.
Pros and Cons
- Burn Discs – This essential feature allows you to copy of your own video footage quickly and easily. You can burn movies from the timeline or write a DVD and Blu-ray Disc, complete with menus and scene selections. This is great if you’re creating videos for sale, and you need that professional edge.
- Upload and Share – It’s easy to upload all your videos right to YouTube, and you can also upload directly to Facebook. Simply use the Movie Studio application, and you can upload quickly and easily.
- Counterfeit Products – Some customers have complained that they are not receiving an actual Sony software product. As with any software product, be careful to make sure that you’re using a genuine copy of the software and only purchase it from a legitimate merchant.
Movavi Video Suite 16 video editing software is incredibly easy to use, making it ideal for aspiring vloggers. You can create engaging montages and slideshows using many different tracks that are available to you. You can also edit clips, add transitions and titles, and more, to create professional-quality video footage for your YouTube vlogs. Take advantage of this software on the go to play back your videos from anywhere, using any compatible device. Some of the features you’ll benefit from include:
- Edit Audio Tracks – You can easily edit any audio track for your YouTube videos. Use the equalizer, normalizer, and noise removal tools to create professional audio tracks that will help you to create professional-quality vlogs.
- Special Effects – There is a tonne of great special effects that you can use to really spice up your videos (just be sure not to go overboard and end up with a cheesy video). You can also get really creative and use a number of falling objects, including hearts, stars, and snowflakes.
- Photo Presentations – You can also create photo presentations using the Slideshow Wizard. Simply upload the images you want to use, choose your transitions, and add your desired background music. These photo presentations look fantastic when inserted into certain types of videos.
Pros and Cons
- Record from Your Screen – You can record anything right from your computer screen, including apps, online clips, Skype calls, webinars, etc. You can even do a screen capture and record from your webcam simultaneously.
- Use Multiple Audio Sources – You can enjoy using a variety of audio sources for all your videos. You can record audio from your microphone, speakers, and headphones, edit your audio clips, and then use them in the creation of your YouTube videos.
- DVD’s – Some customers are unhappy that this software does not include DVD burning software. You’ll need to purchase additional software if you plan on burning DVD’s to make copies of your videos.
With the NCH Video Suite, you have access to all of the most popular video editing software packages from NCH in one complete package. This software provides you with everything you need to create amazing videos, and you can make copies using the dedicated DVD burner tool.
This innovative package includes the VideoPad Video Editor, Debut Video Capture software, Prism Video File Converter, PhotoStage Slideshow software, and an Express Burn DVD burner. Additionally, you’ll be able to take full advantage of other features such as:
- Editing Videos – VideoPad is easy to use, and it’s packed with loads of features that means you edit and create amazing and engaging YouTube videos that people are going to want to watch. You can import videos from your camcorder, camera or recording device and then professionally edit using effects and music.
- Recording Videos – Use Debut to record video from virtually You can use this feature to make video demonstrations and record streaming video. You can even capture videos from other devices, including a webcam.
- Converting Videos – Use Prism to convert videos to 30+ of the most popular video formats. This will ensure that you’ll never have a problem opening any of your video files because you’ll have such a diverse range of formats to choose from.
Pros and Cons
- Creating Slideshows – Particular types and niches of videos just beg for the addition of slideshows. These can be easily added using the PhotoStage tool. Insert your favorite stills, then add transitions and audio to complete the effect to perfection.
- Burning DVD’s – When you want to preserve your memories and footage within a hard copy, you can burn them to DVD or Blu-ray discs using the Express Burn feature. It’s so easy to use. All you have to do is drag, drop, and burn.
- Not User-Friendly – Some users say that they have difficulties with many of the features in this software and the platform requires a slight learning curve when it comes to mastering the software.
Adobe Premiere Elements 15 is an easy-to-use software that offers loads of awesome editing features to help you create awesome videos.
It also has a handy little feature that makes it super-easy to organize your videos by events, albums, favorites, location, and more. This means you can stay organized with the ability always to find your files when you need them. Some of the leading aspects of this platform include:
- Easy Editing – Easily turn all your rough video clips into professional-quality videos for YouTube. You can take out footage you don’t need, fix color and lighting, and drag and drop items for quick and easy editing.
- Share Videos – It’s easy to share your videos to YouTube, as well as to your favorite social media networks, including Facebook. You can also create custom discs, and watch your videos on any HDTV. Just make sure that you have a 64-bit processor on your computer to use this software.
- Enhance Videos – You can enjoy using all kinds of fun and engaging features that will help you to enhance your videos. You have the option to use transitions, themes, titles, and even special effects. You can also add music to give your videos that perfect final touch.
Pros and Cons
- Face Detection – If there are faces you really want to focus on and draw detail to, a sure-fire way to connect with your followers, you can effortlessly by using the Face Detection feature. This lets you bring any face to the forefront of your footage and into the main This is great if you’re filming documentary-style videos.
- Clear Images – If you have any hazy images, you can sharpen them instantly with just a couple of clicks. So, even if you don’t always manage to capture the best quality videos, you can always clean them up, so they remain professional.
- Performance – Some users report that this software performs too slowly, and that, in some cases, the more affordable software can be faster.
Corel VideoStudio Pro X10 has all of the great features that you would expect from any Corel software product. With this platform, you’ll have the ability to add any music to any video as well as editing them seamlessly.
It’s even easier to add and remove video footage, stills, and more to create professional-quality vlogging videos. You can even use this software to edit footage from multiple cameras. You’ll be able to take full control of your videos using features such as:
- Speeding it Up – A really fun feature to use is known as Time Remapping. This means you can add motion and high-speed effects to your videos, freeze action, replay and reverse scenes. This is going to help you create videos that have a professional appearance that your followers will love.
- Track Transparency – It ‘s easy to make video tracks seem transparent. Using this feature allows you to have multiple clips showing on screen simultaneously. This is easily one of the most enjoyable features to experiment with.
- Multiple Cameras – Using the Multi-Camera Video Editor, you can use up to four cameras for your YouTube videos. You can combine, sync, and edit the footage from various cameras so you can create and merge shots from different angles.
Pros and Cons
- Special Effects – However you want to use special effects in your videos, you’re likely to find just what you’re looking for within this software’s effects All the effects tools you need are located together in an easy to find menu.
- 360° Support – You can get the perfect angle as well as enjoying the ability to convert 360° videos into standard video so it can be played on regular televisions and video players. This means that your audience is never going to miss any of your best clips.
- None – We’re unable to find much in the way of critical reviews of this video editing software product, making this one of the most popular software platforms on the market.
Best editing software for Youtube Conclusion.
Before buying any type of best editing software for youtube, it’s important that you do your research to ensure that you’re getting exactly what you need for the vlogs that you want to create.
All the above video editing software packages are great for anyone who is just getting into the world of vlogging. They are easy to use, and they offer all of the features you need to create professional-quality YouTube videos, taking your vlogging career to the next level of success.